Subject: large volumes?
From: Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski @ cmp . com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 95 10:44:00 PDT
To: "' . majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com'" <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>
Encoding: 24 TEXT

Hi there!

I've set up majordomo 1.93 on HP 9000/807 and need to roll out approximately
15-20 mailing lists for now. This is a large publishing company, and we
expect up to 10,000 subscribers for each list. In this regard, I have
several questions to people who have experience with loads of this order:

1. Is majordomo capable of handling so many subscribers per list *reliably*?
2. Where should I expect the most probable bottleneck: in software
(majordomo, sendmail, mail queues) or hardware (memory and CPU speed)?
3. I've heard the rumours that listserv is better in terms of handling
higher loads. Is that true? I am only familiar with majordomo so far. What
would you recommend?
4. Where I could possibly find information on listserv (listproc)?

I realize some of my questions are FAQ and/or RTFM, but I really need some
input  from live people who are using it. One more thing: please cc: your
answers to my e-mail address as I just re-subscribed to the list. Thanks in
advance.

Serge      splyaski@cmp.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List name with dot