Subject: domo with Perl 5
From: "Kimberly Long" <siberia @ usis . com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 09:57:42 +0000
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

I've finally figured out what caused domo to crash while I was gone.
It seems my admin upgraded to Perl 5 without me knowing.  Now, how to
fix it is the problem.   The faq says:

  Majordomo is written in Perl (at least 4.035, preferably 4.036). It is
   also known to work under Perl 5, if you edit majordomo and resend and
   look for instances of the "@" character inside text strings "@" Change
   the "@" to "\@". This only happened with recent versions of Perl 5.
   The same fix is also required if you want to run Majordomo under OSF/1
   on the DEC AXP systems with Perl 4 or 5. [from Jim Reisert]

I'm not really clear on this explanation.  Do I change every single

Namaste'

Kimberly Long
siberia@usis.com

To know of someone here and there whom we accord with, who
is living on with us, even in silence -- this makes our earthly
ball a peopled garden.             ~~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
)O(

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Question about number of subscribers...