Subject: Re: domo with Perl 5
From: dmacfarlane @ zip . sbi . com (David Macfarlane)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 95 12:34:30 EDT
To: siberia @ usis . com, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

> I'm not really clear on this explanation.  Do I change every single
> "@" to "\@"?

Not exactly.  Perl 5 only expands the @ inside double quoted text
strings.  So you would change

print << "EOF"
me@here
EOF

but not

print << EOF
me@there
EOF

... because the second one does not do double-quoted-string expansion.
That's how I've interpreted this issue and it is working so far (it seems!).

	David.

David R.D. Macfarlane    |voice: 212-| "Strong crypto will get you through
dmac@sbi.com             | 783-5279  |  times of no government better than
                         |           |  strong government will get you through
                                        times of no crypto."  - Duncan Frissell

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: domo with Perl 5