Subject: Re: Approve -- no diagnostics?
From: dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com (Dave Wolfe)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 17:00:55 -0500 (CDT)
To: uunet!biome . bio . dfo . ca!bill @ uunet . uu . net (Bill Silvert)
Cc: uunet!GreatCircle . COM!Majordomo-Users @ uunet . uu . net

[ Bill Silvert writes: ]
> Is there any way to get diagnostics from the approve process?  If it
> aborts, there is no feedback.  I've run into this when I forget to enter
> a particular list in my $HOME/.majordomo file and pipe a bounced message
> into approve.  It just vanishes.  Notification of failure would be far
> more desirable in my opinion.

Are you sure that's what's happening? At least in 1.93, the check that
outputs the message "no password for list $list; skipping [...]" catches
the case where it doesn't find the list in your .majordomo file. It
works for me.

 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: local list protection & rcs