Subject: Re: local list protection & rcs
From: dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com (Dave Wolfe)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 16:55:11 -0500 (CDT)
To: uunet!cc . joensuu . fi!mtoivane @ uunet . uu . net
Cc: uunet!maelstrom . Timeplex . COM!heas @ uunet . uu . net, uunet!GreatCircle . COM!majordomo-users @ uunet . uu . net

[ Marko Toivanen writes: ]

> Responding to a previous article by Heas:
> * 2) as I gather, it is not (out-of-the-box) capable of making lists
> * that are "local lists", meaning that no outside user can initiate
> * any of the typical functions (sub/who/lists/etc.).
>
> Through the config file of each list you can set the various commands to
> "private", so they'll be available only for the users on the lists. Now, if
> you set the lists moderated (also in the list-specific config file), you'll
> be able to choose who to let in on the list and thus give access to those
> commands. Is this what you need?

Unless I completely misunderstand what Heas (?) is asking, the config
file parameter is "subscribe_policy = closed" to control who subscribes
to the list; "moderate = yes" controls what gets mailed to the list of
subscribers.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598