Subject: need help with aliases
From: Vince - IE - Experimental Mail Server Admin Acct <mailserv @ mail . nws . orst . edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 14:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com

Hi everyone,

	I'm trying to run both a digest and a list but am having some
problems with the digest aliases.... The list is supposed to be sent to
the subscribers of the list which it does fine and also converts into a
digest...  I only have a sample-digest.config in my lists directory but I
don't have the same-digest.cf file... is that the same file?  Also, how
do I set it so the digest will only be sent out once daily regardless of
the amount of lines that has been submitted?  Here is my /etc/aliases:

#
# mailing list
#
sample-owner: you
sample-approval: you
sample: "|/home/majordomo/bin/wrapper resend -R -p bulk -M 50000 -l sample -f sample-owner -h mail.nws.orst.edu -s sample-outgoing"
sample-outgoing: :include:/home/majordomo/lists/sample, sample-digestify
sample-archive: /home/majordomo/archive/sample
sample-request: "|/home/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo -l sample"
owner-sample: sample-owner
owner-sample-archive: sample-owner
owner-sample-outgoing: sample-owner
owner-sample-owner: sample-owner
owner-sample-request: sample-owner

#
# and digest list
#
sample-digest-owner: you
sample-digest-approval: you
sample-digest: sample
sample-digestify: "|/home/majordomo/bin/wrapper digest -r -c /home/majordomo/digests/sample-digest.cf"
sample-digest-send: "|/home/majordomo/bin/wrapper resend -R -p bulk -l sample-digest -f sample-digest-owner -h mail.nws.orst.edu -s sample-digest-outgoing"
sample-digest-outgoing: :include:/home/majordomo/lists/sample-digest
sample-digest-request: "|/home/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo -l sample-digest" owner-sample-digest: sample-digest-owner
owner-sample-digest-outgoing: sample-digest-owner
owner-sample-digest-owner: sample-digest-owner
owner-sample-digest-request: sample-digest-owner
owner-sample-digest-send: sample-digest-owner
owner-sample-digestify: sample-digest-owner

	Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here since it chokes on the
sample-digestify alias... Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

			            Cheers,
			             Vince
 ___ System Administrator             \|/   bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU       ___
| The California Unix Public Access  (o o)  Systems, Inc. (CUPA)              |
| root@bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU -oOO__(_)__OOo- San Francisco, California USA |
|  __  __  __  __   __  _____  _____   UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering    |
| (  )(  )(  )(  ) (  )(  ___)(  ___)  Los Angeles, California USA            |
   \(__)/ (  )(  )\|  )(  )   (  )_  E-Mail: vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu,
    \  /  (  )(  ) \  )(  )__ (  )__         mailserv@gaia.ucs.orst.edu,
     \/   (__)(__) (__)(_____)(_____)        mailserv@mail.nws.orst.edu,
  I.S.A. Class of 1992                       vince@bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU,
  International Studies Academy High School  vince@archive.epas.utoronto.ca,
  San Francisco, California USA              vince@axposf.Stanford.EDU,
  Advanced Gravis UltraSound Card - The      VINCEP@axpvms.cc.utexas.edu,
  ultimate in computer soundcard technology  upoy@physics.ucla.edu
  FreeBSD - Real Berkeley Unix(tm) for Free! BSD (tm)(c) 1995 - The Regents of
| -=oOO There are many forms of science      the University of California     |
|              but only physics is the quantum leap of the 21st century OOo=- |
|           Harvard/Yale/MIT/Princeton/Berkeley Student in the making         |
|___        Copyrighted (c) 1995 by Vince.  All Rights Reserved.           ___|

Indexed By Date Previous: Linux and Sendmail 8