Subject: Re: approve request for non-closed list?
From: "Kimberly Long" <siberia @ usis . com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 20:42:53 +0000
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

dswartz@riva.com (Dan Swartzendruber) wrote:

> I'm managing an open list with about 100 people on it.  I've noticed
> something weird where once in a while, I get an approve request from
> the majordomo program, even though the list is open!  The rest of the
> time (maybe 95%?) I just get the automatic acks.  Is this some kind of
> weird race condition involving file locking?

When someone sends a "nonroutine"  subscription request, domo will
send an email to the list owner.  The two kinds of nonroutine sub
requests are:

1.  someone sends a un/subscribe message for an email address that
does not match their header.

2. when the list is closed, all un/subs must be approved.

Namaste'

Kimberly Long
siberia@usis.com

To know of someone here and there whom we accord with, who
is living on with us, even in silence -- this makes our earthly
ball a peopled garden.             ~~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
)O(

Indexed By Date Previous: approve request for non-closed list?