Subject: Re: multiple addresses for majordomo
From: Bob Collie <rmcmail @ cain . telalink . net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 11:40:51 -0500 (CDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Piet Honkoop wrote:
> Is it possible to have Majordomo return different from/reply to
> addresses for different lists?
>
> Reason for this is that we're running lists for clients as well as
> our own. Clients have own domains, and would like to have that show
> up on mail returned by the list server.
>
> If it's relevant: environment Unixware, Perl 5.0; Majordomo 1.92

I've been able to do this on my Linux machine, but when I tried to
move it over to our A/UX box, it began to be incredibly stubborn, and
it would not work.  The way I have it working on my Linux box is the
alias for the listname (/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend ... ... -h
(RESEND HOST)) with resend host replaced with the FQDN.  I am also
pretty sure (certain, actually) that it has to do with Sendmail
configuration options, however, I've not nailed down the exact
source, but can add that if you have DM (masquerading) defined, I
_know_ it will not work.

-Bob
--
Bob Collie, Assistant Network/Systems Engineer, Telalink Corporation
mailto:bob@telalink.net