Subject: Re: multiple addresses for majordomo
From: "Piet Honkoop" <piet @ softcontrol . wirehub . nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 01:11:17 +01:0
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

> From:          Bob Collie <rmcmail@cain.telalink.net>
> Subject:       Re: multiple addresses for majordomo
> To:            majordomo-users@GreatCircle.COM
> Date:          Sat, 22 Apr 1995 11:40:51 -0500 (CDT)

> Piet Honkoop wrote:
> > Is it possible to have Majordomo return different from/reply to
> > addresses for different lists?
> >
> > Reason for this is that we're running lists for clients as well as
> > our own. Clients have own domains, and would like to have that show
> > up on mail returned by the list server.
> >
> > If it's relevant: environment Unixware, Perl 5.0; Majordomo 1.92
>
> I've been able to do this on my Linux machine, but when I tried to
> move it over to our A/UX box, it began to be incredibly stubborn, and
> it would not work.  The way I have it working on my Linux box is the
> alias for the listname (/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend ... ... -h
> (RESEND HOST)) with resend host replaced with the FQDN.  I am also
> pretty sure (certain, actually) that it has to do with Sendmail
> configuration options, however, I've not nailed down the exact
> source, but can add that if you have DM (masquerading) defined, I
> _know_ it will not work.

Thanks!

This is the punisment for a newbie <G>. I should have formulated
more accurately... This is 50% of what I'm after. The other part I'm
looking for is with subscriptions.

A user sends his subscribe to 'mailserv@vbb.nl' (which is rerouted to
majordomo@bacchus.wirehub.nl) and that last one is what he gets a
reply from... This is bewildering for some (especially if people send
incorrect subscriptions).

So, part 2 of my question is: is it possible to masquerade majordomo
as multiple names (mailserv@vbb.nl and majordomo@bacchus.wirehub.nl)
and if so, how?

Thanks again!

> -Bob
> --
> Bob Collie, Assistant Network/Systems Engineer, Telalink Corporation
> mailto:bob@telalink.net

SoftControl                               Phone:  +31.1828.17675
Thorbeckehoeve 23                         Fax:    +31.1828.32352
2743 JH Waddinxveen
The Netherlands
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important
that you do it."  --Mahatma Gandhi

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Addresses with #'s