Subject: Re: MajorDomo 1.93 on BSDI 1.1.0
From: dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com (Dave Wolfe)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 08:47:55 -0500 (CDT)
To: uunet!biddeford . com!ratlifc @ uunet . uu . net
Cc: uunet!greatcircle . com!majordomo-users @ uunet . uu . net

[ uunet!biddeford.com!ratlifc writes: ]
>   Now it hangs (hangs for me, tools away on the processor according to
> top) whenever I send to to majordomo or listname-request.
>
>   I have no idea where to start looking. I read the README and FAQ and
> the only suggestion there is to check the permissions. I have _triple_
> checked. All files (excepting wrapper which is root/majordom and 4755)
> are 775 or 664 and majordom/majordom.

Run the test script under wrapper to find out what uid/gid wrapper runs
the mj scripts as. What about the log file and the directory it's in?
Some script somewhere can't create a lock file.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598