Subject: Re: Help with Error
From: Brent Mosbrook <brentm @ techie . zyxel . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 08:45:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: Michael Tiernan <mtiernan @ nomad . n-reading . ma . us>
Cc: Rod Shelton <roshne @ faerun . sojourn . com>, smail3-users @ cs . athabascau . ca, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, Michael Tiernan wrote:

> Rod Shelton spaketh thusly:
> >Smail 3.1.29.1
> >MajorDomo 1.93
> >
> >Can anyone explain to me what these errors mean, and what I can do to fix them?
> >
> >"|/usr/local/bin/majordomo/wrapper majordomo" ... transport pipe: child
> >returned status EX_5 (5)
>
> 	Yea, I've got the same thing.  I've sussed it out that the
> 	problem lies in smail and not majordomo.  I've got it occuring
> 	under smail 3.1.28 right now.  I belive the problem is that the
> 	"configuration" of smail won't permit it to exec a program for
> 	delivery.
>
> 	What the solution is?  I don't know.  I'm still workin' on it.
> 	I still haven't confirmed for sure that this is the problem.

I had the same problem (along w/ EX_4), and found it to be improper UID
and GID settings in the make file for wrapper.. verify that they are
set properly for the majordom user/group..

Brent Mosbrook                                brentm@zyxel.com
Product Development, ZyXEL                 voice - 714-693-0808
WWW - http://www.zyxel.com                   BBS - 714-693-0762
FTP - ftp.zyxel.com  /pub/other/zyxel        Fax - 714-693-8811