Subject: Re: Returned mail going to the list ?
From: Marko Toivanen <mtoivane @ cc . joensuu . fi>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 06:36:07 +0300 (EET DST)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: Marko Toivanen <mtoivane @ cc . joensuu . fi>

On Sun, 23 Apr 1995, Dave Barr wrote:

> Non-compliant mailers can cause this.  Some bounce messages to the
> "From:"/"Reply-To:" address.
>
> I have a policy to unsubscribe any users that have broken mailers like
> this.  It is really the only reasonable thing to do.  There's no way
> to "work around" the problem without introducing lots of other problems.

By the way, has anyone had any success in convincing sites to actually
correct their broken software? Are there any ways to pressure them to do
so, or is unsubscribing subscriptions from those domains and ultimately
trying to add features to majordomo that would allow specifying unwanted
domains the *only* thing to do?

Marko
mtoivane@cc.joensuu.fi