Subject: Archive problem
From: "Shunichi AKAZAWA" <akazawa @ who . ch>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 95 15:33:01 -0000
To: "INET: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . c" <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>
Msg-class: !AS

Could anyone kindly help me ?

I have installed the majordomo, following the instruction on the book 'Managing
Internet Information Services' by O'Reilly, and created a list called
'training'.  I have a problem in creating archive file, i.e. whenever a message
is posted, I get an error message to 'owner-training':

 Invalid archive directory.  Aborting.

 ABORT Invalid archive directory.  Aborting.
 554 "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive -f
 /usr/local/majordomo/archives/training/training -m -a"... unknown mailer
 error 2

   ----- Unsent message follows -----

My /etc/aliases looks like:

 training-archive:       "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive -f
 /usr/local/majordomo/archives/training/training -m -a"

and the directories:

 % pwd
 /usr/local/majordomo/archives
 % ls -l
 drwxrwxr-x  2 majordom      512 Apr 27 16:02 training

with majordomo.cf:

 $filedir = "/usr/local/majordomo/archives";
 $filedir_suffix = "";           # empty string

Apprciate if someone could help me.

Regards,

Shunichi

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo inserts precedence into text of post