Subject: Re: Archive problem
From: Terry Stewart <stew @ stewnet . txdirect . net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 1995 09:02:33 -0500 (CDT)
To: Shunichi AKAZAWA <akazawa @ who . ch>
Cc: "INET: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . c" <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Shunichi AKAZAWA wrote:

> Could anyone kindly help me ?
>
> I have installed the majordomo, following the instruction on the book 'Managing
> Internet Information Services' by O'Reilly, and created a list called
> 'training'.  I have a problem in creating archive file, i.e. whenever a message
> is posted, I get an error message to 'owner-training':

>  Invalid archive directory.  Aborting.
>
>  ABORT Invalid archive directory.  Aborting.
>  554 "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive -f
>  /usr/local/majordomo/archives/training/training -m -a"... unknown mailer
>  error 2
>
>    ----- Unsent message follows -----
>
> My /etc/aliases looks like:
>
>  training-archive:       "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive -f
>  /usr/local/majordomo/archives/training/training -m -a"
>
> and the directories:
>
>  % pwd
>  /usr/local/majordomo/archives
>  % ls -l
>  drwxrwxr-x  2 majordom      512 Apr 27 16:02 training
>
> with majordomo.cf:
>
>  $filedir = "/usr/local/majordomo/archives";
>  $filedir_suffix = "";           # empty string

The @archives in the majordomo.cf needs to include
"/usr/local/majordomo/archives/training/training" or archive2.pl will not
accecpt it as a valid archive directory.

						Stew

|         |   | EPHESIANS 2:8,9  For by grace | Terry Stewart               |
|   HOLY  |   |   are ye saved through faith: | E-Mail address:             |
|  BIBLE  |   |   and that not of yourselves: |  stew@stewnet.txdirect.net  |
|         |   |   it is the gift of God:  Not | Web Page:                   |
|_________|   |   of works, lest any man      |  http://stewnet.txdirect.net|