Subject: Creating my first list
From: panther!cmeli @ relay . iunet . it (Clyde Meli)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 95 20:14:37 +0100
To: Majordomo-Users @ greatcircle . com
Pointer: Sat, 29 Apr 95 20:14:37 +0100.AA16040.panther!cmeli@is.unimt.mt

I have just joined the Majordomo-Users list.
I have recently installed perl on our SunOs 4.1.1 unix
network and I have installed Majordomo for experimentation.
Till now there are no local mailing lists, and I was thinking
of setting up one later on.

Which brings me to my problem. I can't get the sample list to
work. Majordomo appears to have been installed correctly.
My majordomo.cf looks correct. By the way our site is linked
to the internet by uucp (I don't think this affects majordomo, right?).

Currently the mailhost is a machine called panther. The user mailboxes
are stored on panther and they are mounted by the other machines.
Aliases I do on the server (jaguar) aren't visible on the other machines
unless you mail to the alias in the following way (alias@jaguar).
When I send help to majordomo@jaguar, I get the help message correctly.
When I send info sample to majordomo@jaguar, I receive the following
two messages:

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majordomo under Perl5