Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Majordomo mysteriously stopped working...
From: r . street @ auckland . ac . nz (Russell Street)
Date: Thu, 04 May 1995 19:05:14 +1200 (NZT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hello...

I had been happily running several Majordomo lists on my Solaris 2.3
system.  A few days ago I changed an option in sendmail.cf to queue
mail rather than attempt immediate delivery, and the Majordomo lists
mysteriously stopped working with messages like:

554 "|/usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper resend -p bulk -M 10000 -R -l jinarwa -f jinarwa-owner -h auckland.ac.nz -s jinarwa-outgoing"... unknown mailer error 2

Running sendmail by hand produced errors about 'must specify -l list
and -h host'.

The entries in the alias file looks like:

jinarwa: "|/usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper resend -h auckland.ac.nz -l jinarwa -p bulk -f jinarwa-owner -s jinarwa-outgoing"
jinarwa-owner: t.behrend@auckland.ac.nz
jinarwa-approval: t.behrend@auckland.ac.nz
jinarwa-outgoing: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/jinarwa
owner-jinarwa-outgoing: jinarwa-owner

which work. The command line in the error above I got by following the
examples in the documentation.

"Nothing else has changed" in the sendmail.cf, majordomo configuration
or list configuration for months.

Can anyone shed light on this?
Russell
 Russell Street (r.street@auckland.ac.nz) +64 (9) 373-7599 extn 6487
   UNIX Systems Programmer, Computer Centre, University of Auckland
	     http://www.auckland.ac.nz/cc/People/RS.html

	      Remember ... in space anything is possible
	      -- provided you bolt the bed to the floor.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Hiding Outgoing List Name On Resend