Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Majordomo mysteriously stopped working...
From: r . street @ auckland . ac . nz (Russell Street)
Date: Thu, 04 May 1995 19:05:14 +1200 (NZT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I had been happily running several Majordomo lists on my Solaris 2.3
system.  A few days ago I changed an option in to queue
mail rather than attempt immediate delivery, and the Majordomo lists
mysteriously stopped working with messages like:

554 "|/usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper resend -p bulk -M 10000 -R -l jinarwa -f jinarwa-owner -h -s jinarwa-outgoing"... unknown mailer error 2

Running sendmail by hand produced errors about 'must specify -l list
and -h host'.

The entries in the alias file looks like:

jinarwa: "|/usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper resend -h -l jinarwa -p bulk -f jinarwa-owner -s jinarwa-outgoing"
jinarwa-outgoing: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/jinarwa
owner-jinarwa-outgoing: jinarwa-owner

which work. The command line in the error above I got by following the
examples in the documentation.

"Nothing else has changed" in the, majordomo configuration
or list configuration for months.

Can anyone shed light on this?
 Russell Street ( +64 (9) 373-7599 extn 6487
   UNIX Systems Programmer, Computer Centre, University of Auckland

	      Remember ... in space anything is possible
	      -- provided you bolt the bed to the floor.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Hiding Outgoing List Name On Resend