Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: What about smail?
From: "Mixon, Marlin" <mcm1303 @ hub . doh . wa . gov>
Date: Thu, 4 May 95 19:28:51 -0800
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I am running Linux and smail version  Is it possible to
run majordomo using smail rather than sendmail?

I attempted to install smail once, but got bogged down with so many
options that I decided it simply wasn't worth the trouble.

I've installed majordomo according to a magazine article in the May Linux
Journal, and have followed along to a certain point without trouble, but
when I test it out by emailing majordomo the following commands:
writeconfig test mypasswrd
user majordomo receives email and nothing happens.

Thanks for any help on this!

Marlin Mixon

Indexed By Date Previous: question about files