Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Re: Hmmm... and idea
From: Richard Pieri <ratinox @ unilab . dfci . harvard . edu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 11:28:21 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Jim> But MD _could_ scan thru the list, make a backup copy, strip out the
Jim> senders address, make that the "default" list for this go around and
Jim> then restore the backup. You could even feed the entire list (maybe)
Jim> straight to a pipe to s(end)mail instead of using "include:"...

I didn't say implementing it would be difficult, I said implementing it
as an *option* would be. What you propose would be a list or even a site
policy: senders do or do not get copies of mail they send to the list.
The senders have no control over whether or not they receive copies.
Personally, I like seing the echo back for several different reasons;
some people don't. Unless and until Majordomo supports "options" a la
Listserv, you are not going to be able to please everyone.

--
Richard Pieri, IS/Networking        | If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
<ratinox@unilab.dfci.harvard.edu>   | away immediately. Seek shelter and cover