Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Re: Hmmm... and idea
From: Richard Pieri <ratinox @ unilab . dfci . harvard . edu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 11:28:21 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM
In-reply-to:'s message of Fri, 19 May 1995 10:39:06 -0400 (EDT)

Jim> But MD _could_ scan thru the list, make a backup copy, strip out the
Jim> senders address, make that the "default" list for this go around and
Jim> then restore the backup. You could even feed the entire list (maybe)
Jim> straight to a pipe to s(end)mail instead of using "include:"...

I didn't say implementing it would be difficult, I said implementing it
as an *option* would be. What you propose would be a list or even a site
policy: senders do or do not get copies of mail they send to the list.
The senders have no control over whether or not they receive copies.
Personally, I like seing the echo back for several different reasons;
some people don't. Unless and until Majordomo supports "options" a la
Listserv, you are not going to be able to please everyone.

Richard Pieri, IS/Networking        | If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
<>   | away immediately. Seek shelter and cover | head.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: digests taking a long time to send (fwd)