Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: IRIX 5.3 upgrade broke Majordomo?
From: Tim Clinton <clinton @ cnet . ffa . ucalgary . ca>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 10:31:23 -0600 (MDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I just upgraded from IRIX 5.2 to 5.3 and now a nicely working majordomo
setup has stopped working with the "permission denied" message when trying
to open the list file. I've poured over the faq, and checked the
permissions. Having compiled the wrapper previously under POSIX, I even
recompiled the wrapper under the BSD flags as a test and got the error
message that I needed to recompile it using POSIX. The wrapper is owned by
root and is suid. W_UID and W_GID are set to the correct values.
Permissions on the directories are all 770 and 660 on the files.

Since it was working before, I have to suspect something in the 5.3
upgrade. There was a sendmail upgrade in it, I believe. Is there anyone out
there who has done the upgrade who can help me?

--
Tim Clinton, CultureNet Operations
403-220-4375

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Digest again