Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Re: too many MUIs
From: "Marcos Ramirez A." <marcos @ inf . utfsm . cl>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 12:01:37 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

> From: (Philip Enteles)
> Here is the info: I have a list running on an Ultrix machine and
> perl4.036, runs fine. I created a closed, restricted, non-advertised list.
> When a member of the list asks for a list of who is on the list (who
> testlist) they get the response that they are not on the list so can't
> have that information even though they appear in the subscriber list and
> get the mail sent to that list. This response depends on which MUI they
> use.
> The problem is the way the MUI forms the From line. mail and elm don't
> attach the host name while pine, Eudora and NUPop do. Yes, all of these
> are used on my system.

    I had the same problem on my host, all the local mail was sent as
"username" instead of ""

    The solution for us was to mofify sendmail configuration, so it appends
"" for every local mail, so the From: line is ever

    This change makes not difference on what mail reader you use.

#include <signature.h>

Indexed By Date Previous: (HELP! With Bounces .. they kinda work..)