Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Re: too many MUIs
From: "Marcos Ramirez A." <marcos @ inf . utfsm . cl>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 12:01:37 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

> From: philip@haas.berkeley.edu (Philip Enteles)
>
> Here is the info: I have a list running on an Ultrix machine and
> perl4.036, runs fine. I created a closed, restricted, non-advertised list.
> When a member of the list asks for a list of who is on the list (who
> testlist) they get the response that they are not on the list so can't
> have that information even though they appear in the subscriber list and
> get the mail sent to that list. This response depends on which MUI they
> use.
>
> The problem is the way the MUI forms the From line. mail and elm don't
> attach the host name while pine, Eudora and NUPop do. Yes, all of these
> are used on my system.

    I had the same problem on my host, all the local mail was sent as
"username" instead of "usename@inf.utfsm.cl"

    The solution for us was to mofify sendmail configuration, so it appends
"inf.utfsm.cl" for every local mail, so the From: line is ever
"username@inf.utfsm.cl"

    This change makes not difference on what mail reader you use.

								    Marcos.
-----
#include <signature.h>