Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: MD1.93: RCS directory in $listdir messes up lists command
From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw @ CNRI . Reston . VA . US>
Date: Wed, 24 May 95 14:58:14 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I have an RCS directory inside of $listdir so that I can version
control my .info and .config files.  While testing this stuff out, I
sent a `lists' command and dutifully got back a list of the mailing
lists.  It also returned `RCS' as one of the mailing lists, *and* it
created an RCS.config file!

So I tried to set the noadvertise variable in RCS.config, but there
doesn't seem to be any way to prevent `RCS' from showing up as the
results of a `lists' command.  Anybody see this, or have a patch for
this?

Thanks,
-Barry

Indexed By Date Previous: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 139