Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1995)

Subject: Putting Majordomo on hold temporarily?
From: Russell Street <r . street @ auckland . ac . nz>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 09:55:05 +1200 (NZT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hello...

Is there any way to temporarily suspend the operation of a Majordomo
system --- subscription, mailing list activity et al --- but not have
the messages bounce or disappear?

I am planning to upgrade one of our major hosts and have a surrogate
in its place for the duration to perform the really vital operations
(like DNS), but I don't want to move Majordomo onto it.

TIA
Russell
 Russell Street (r.street@auckland.ac.nz) +64 (9) 373-7599 extn 6487
   UNIX Systems Programmer, Computer Centre, University of Auckland
	     http://www.auckland.ac.nz/cc/People/RS.html

   Like the blind man in the dark room looking for the black cat
			  that isn't there

Indexed By Date Previous: Losing Messages