Subject: Header Whitespace Answer
From: rdthrash @ nps . navy . mil (Roger D. Thrasher)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 95 11:48:43 PDT
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Thanks to all for helping me do multiple-line headers in Majordomo. Turns out
that the solution is to put whitespace (space or tab) in front of the
subsequent header lines that don't contain <word>:. I had tried this and it
didn't work until Jack Repenning <> pointed out that
Majordomo requires a "-" before the whitespace in order to preserve the
whitespace. My config file now looks at follows (and it works!):

message_headers   <<  END
- run in a Department of Defense school environment in the interest of an
- academic exchange of information and ideas and as a means for advancement
- of C4I-related issues. The views expressed in messages posted to this list
- are those of the message author and do not reflect the official policy or
- position of the Naval Postgraduate School, the Department of the Navy, the
- Department of Defense, or the United States government. For more
- information, contact <>.

Thanks again,

Roger Thrasher

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Distfile security...