Subject: Re: How-To: Majordomo & Linux
From: Robb Shecter <rshecter @ newfac . ed . umuc . edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 08:39:12 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Dave Barr <barr @ math . psu . edu>
Cc: Keith Reel <kreel @ olivet . edu>, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sun, 23 Jul 1995, Dave Barr wrote:

> >I wrote:
> >I'm running Linux 1.2.x, perl 4.036, and MD 1.93.  It works perfectly.
>
> Please tell us what's so special about this setup.  It appears to
> be just a standard POSIX configuration.

Absolutely right.  That's why I'm tired of hearing, "Oh, Linux is not up
to it", or something like that.  It'd be interesting to hear a case where
it -really- wasn't, but as far as I've found, there's nothing special
that needs to be done.

-
Robb Shecter
University of Maryland, European Division
Computer Operations