Subject: anti-spam features?
From: jeff @ trg . saic . com (Jeff Shepherd)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 12:39:32 -0800
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ From the List-Managers-Digest V4 #147.  /js ]

From: era@ucar.edu (Ed Arnold)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 11:07:32 -0600 (MDT)

I'm not on the list-managers mailing list currently.  Please respond
directly to me via email, will summarize if there are any answers.

I'm interested in knowing if the majordomo-2 developers are going
to include any anti-spam features in the next release, so a list
does not have to be moderated to avoid spams.  Two ideas that came
to mind immediately:

1) A non_member_moderate variable that would cause any posting coming from
someone not on the list, to be bounced to the list-owner for inspection;

2) A posting_password variable that would require each member of
a list to present a password in their posting, as a requirement of
the posting going onto the list.

--
Ed Arnold * NCAR * POB 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000 * yak: 303-497-1253
fax: 303-497-{1848,1804} * smtp: era@ucar.edu * www: http://www.ucar.edu/era

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majordomo on Linux