Subject: Re: anti-spam features?
From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM (Brent Chapman)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 13:25:27 -0800
To: jeff @ trg . saic . com (Jeff Shepherd), majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 12:39 PM 7/24/95, Jeff Shepherd wrote:
>[ From the List-Managers-Digest V4 #147.  /js ]
>
>From: era@ucar.edu (Ed Arnold)
>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 11:07:32 -0600 (MDT)
>Subject: anti-spam features?
>
>I'm not on the list-managers mailing list currently.  Please respond
>directly to me via email, will summarize if there are any answers.
>
>I'm interested in knowing if the majordomo-2 developers are going
>to include any anti-spam features in the next release, so a list
>does not have to be moderated to avoid spams.  Two ideas that came
>to mind immediately:
>
>1) A non_member_moderate variable that would cause any posting coming from
>someone not on the list, to be bounced to the list-owner for inspection;

Already there in the released version of Majordomo (1.93); see the
"restrict_post" variable in the per-list config file.

>2) A posting_password variable that would require each member of
>a list to present a password in their posting, as a requirement of
>the posting going onto the list.

Not there; no plans to add anything like that, as far as I know.

-Brent

--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | For Firewalls Tutorial info:
Brent@GreatCircle.COM | 1057 West Dana Street    | Tutorial-Info@GreatCircle.COM

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: anti-spam features?