Subject: Re: mail echoes or errors
From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM (Brent Chapman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:32:38 -0800
To: jeff dunn <jdunn @ cloud9 . net>, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 8:07 PM 7/25/95, jeff dunn wrote:
>Most of my list members are complaining about receiving mail that they
>have sent to the list.  I am aware that this is a default, as I have seen
>my posts  on the list as well as my posts on many other list.
>
>THe members that are complaining are under the impression that there is
>an error.  So what can I do?  I kind of like the way it is as    I know
>my messages are getting out to the members, but majority rules.
>
>Is there something to be done in the config? I would really appreciate an
>answer on this one.

That's the way it works, and there's not much you can do about it.
Majordomo doesn't do message delivery; Sendmail does.  There's no way to
prevent Sendmail from sending the message to _all_ the list members,
including the one who posted it.

-Brent

--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | For Firewalls Tutorial info:
Brent@GreatCircle.COM | 1057 West Dana Street    | Tutorial-Info@GreatCircle.COM

Indexed By Date Previous: mail echoes or errors