Subject: Archive problems
From: "Julie Baker" <JBAKER @ GENESIS . Law . Pace . Edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 17:38:54 EST5EDT
To: Majordomo-Users @ greatcircle . com

I have recently installed and configured Majordomo on my Dell 450
(48mb RAM and 2 gig hard drive) (I tried subscribing to this list,
but I have gotten no results file yet so please reply directly to me
instead of to the list.  I've set up a couple of lists and
they seem to be working fine, except that I can't get the archive
feature to work.  The owner of all these files and directories is
majordom and the permissions seem to be set correctly.  This is a
sample of my /etc/aliases file:

owner-crimlaw:	root@buster.law.pace.edu
crimlaw:"|/home/majordom//wrapper resend -l crimlaw -h buster.law.pace.edu -r crimlaw crimlaw-outgoing"
crimlaw-approval:  owner-crimlaw
crimlaw-outgoing: :include:/home/majordom/mail/lists/crimlaw, crimlaw-archive
owner-crimlaw-outgoing:  owner-crimlaw
crimlaw-archive: "|/home/majordom/wrapper archive -f /home/majordom/mail/archives/crimlaw -m -a"
owner-crimlaw-archive: owner-crimlaw
crimlaw-request: "|/home/majordom/wrapper request-answer crimlaw"
owner-crimlaw-request: owner-crimlaw

and this is a the part of my majordomo.cf file that relates to the
archive:

$filedir = "/home/majordom/mail/archives";
$filedir_suffix = "";

# the safe locations for archive directories. This should be defined as
# a series of root anchored directory paths as will be used as prefixes
# to the file names specified to the archive2.pl script.
@archive_dirs = ( "$filedir/testlist", "$filedir/crimlaw" );

Anyone have any ideas why it is not writing the archive file? I would
really appreciate any help you can give me.
Julie Baker
Director of Computer Services
Pace Law School
78 North Broadway
White Plains, New York 10603
jbaker@genesis.law.pace.edu

Indexed By Date Previous: When is a planned release (even beta)