Subject: Re: Disabling who command
From: Jeff Pulver <jeff @ pulver . com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 22:11:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jeff Shepherd <jeff @ trg . saic . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

One solution which I went for which isn't "clean" and I never
saw suggested by anyone was to modify
the part of the majordomo program which parses the command string -

for example I changed "who" to be "jeffwho" -

elseif ($cmd eq "jeffwho") { &do_who(@parts); }

This way - only I know the way to "who" the list and even if others
try - they may get a little frustrated when they get an error which states
that majordomo didn't recognize their "who" command...

Jeff Pulver

On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Jeff Shepherd wrote:

> I know in the config file there is a private_who which restricts the who
> command to requestors on the mailing list.  Is there a way to completely
> block the who command so nobody can see who else is on the list?  (It would
> be nice if administrators were exempt from theis restriction.)
> - Jeff -

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: astonishing to hear