Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1995)

Subject: RE: what aliases do I need?
From: Steve Linn <slinn @ skl . com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 19:59:31 -0500
To: "majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM" <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>, "'Michael A. Naud'" <manaud @ naz . edu>

	This sounds like you may not have all of the required aliases
defined. I am including a portion of my aliases file for you. perhaps it
will help.

			Steve

I just setup Majordomo 1.93 on my system. I'm having a little trouble
with the required aliases. I have one for majordomo-owner, majordomo and
the name of the list. I have an empty file called test (name of the list)
and the test.info file and test.passwd files. When I try to send a
message to majordomo@naz.edu with the text subscribe test I get back a
message saying no such list. I can get back the general help info from
majordomo, but that is all. I have these files in my listdir and they
have the right protection. Any clues?

TIA,

Michael Naud

----
Michael A. Naud                          Internet:      manaud@naz.edu
Internet Administrator                   Facsimile:       716.586.2452
Nazareth College, Rochester NY 14618     Voice:      716.586.2525 x827

                        Systems Knowledge Link
                            SKL Enterprises

           Dealers/Consultants in Computer Software Equipment
             Internet Services   WWW Pages   Remote Services

Steve Linn             E-Mail: slinn@skl.com          http://www.skl.com
#
#	@(#)aliases	8.2 (Berkeley) 3/5/94
#
#  Steve Linn - November 3, 1995
#		Initial build in preparation for Majordomo
#
#  Aliases in this file will NOT be expanded in the header from
#  Mail, but WILL be visible over networks or from /bin/mail.
#
#	>>>>>>>>>>	The program "newaliases" must be run after
#	>> NOTE >>	this file is updated for any changes to
#	>>>>>>>>>>	show through to sendmail.
#
# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
MAILER-DAEMON:	postmaster
owner-owner:	postmaster
postmaster:	slinn
#
# Majordomo
#
majordomo:	"|/bbs/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
majordom:	owner-majordomo
Majordomo-Owner: steve
owner-majordomo: Majordomo-Owner
#
# Sample Mailing List
#
owner-sample:	sample-owner
sample:		"|/bbs/majordomo/wrapper resend -p bulk -M 10000 -l sample -f Sample-Owner -h mail.skl.com -s sample-outgoing"
sample-owner:	slinn
sample-approval: sample-owner
sample-outgoing: :include:/bbs/majordomo/lists/sample, sample-archive
owner-sample-outgoing: sample-owner
sample-archive: /usr/local/archive/sample
owner-sample-archive: sample-owner
sample-request:	"|/bbs/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l sample"
owner-sample-request: sample-owner
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Perl v5.x and noadvertized lists