Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1995)

Subject: *** Problems running Majordomo 1.93 with OSF/1 V3.0 ***
From: Stephan Webanck <webanck @ mpiz-koeln . mpg . de>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 22:45:29 +0100 (MET)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com (Majordomo users)
Cc: webanck @ mpiz-koeln . mpg . de

Hello all,

I need to get Majordomo 1.93 running on our Alpha machines. But so far
all I get when I send a message containing the ``help'' command in its
body to is:

[header omitted]

sh: /home/zwdv/majordom/wrapper: cannot execute
554 "|/home/zwdv/majordom/wrapper majordomo"... unknown mailer error 1

   ----- Unsent message follows -----

[header omitted]

[The above message is sent to majordomo-owner, i. e. currently me.]

The workstations are running OSF/1 V3.0. I have tried both the BSD and
the POSIX settings in Makefile -- to no avail.

I have no clue what the ``sh: ...'' line means nor do I know what an
``unknown mailer error 1'' is.

Yes, I looked up the README and the FAQ, but didn't find any hints.

So any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

StePHan B. WebanCK aka BtI      | Telefon/phone/telefone: +49 221 5062 537
AG Zentrale Wissenschaftl. DV   | Telefax/fax /telekopie: +49 221 5062 513
MPI f"ur Z"uchtungsforschung    | Internet  : **
D-50829 K"oln [Cologne/Kolonjo] | CompuServe: 101233,1741 ****************

Indexed By Date Previous: Problem with archiving.