Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1995)

Subject: Question about "advertise"
From: Dave Sill <de5 @ sws5 . CTD . ORNL . GOV>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 08:54:14 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I want a list to be advertised only to people within the ornl.gov
domain.

   advertise         <<  END
   /ornl.gov/
   END

Does almost what I want. The problem is that the list isn't advertised
to people on the Majordomo system, whose addresses don't include
"@.*.ornl.gov".

How can I specify that addresses not containing "@"'s should be
advertised to? I tried

   advertise         <<  END
   /ornl.gov/
   /^[^@]*$/
   END

But Majordomo complains about the syntax of the second regexp. I even
tried adding something like "/^[a-zA-Z0-9-_+<>]*$/" but it didn't like
that either.

-Dave

Indexed By Date Previous: archive on new list...