Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(December 1995)

Subject: install help
From: joe @ iota . iis . u-tokyo . ac . jp (xu Yi)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 95 13:24:28 JST
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi,

I am trying to install majordomo-1.93 on my machine (Sunos 4.1.3)
and I have installed Perl 4.036.
I install in following steps:
1.create a uid and gid for Majordomo
  /home2/majordomo      uid majordom
2.create approriate directories
 $homedir       /home2/majordomo/bin
 $listdir       /home2/majordomo/lists
3.edit Makefile
W_BIN=/home2/majordomo/bin
W_MAJORDOMO_CF=$(W_BIN)/majordomo.cf
W_USER=daemon
W_GROUP=majordom
4.compile and install the perl code and man pages.
"make install" works,it did all things but "make" doesn't work.
the error message:
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'wrapper'

when I su to root to do "make install-wrapper",it got same error
message. I don't know what mistake i made.Could anyone here tell
me?
thanks in advance!

joe

University of Tokyo,Japan

joe@kappa.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Indexed By Date Previous: send mail error