Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 1996)

Subject: Majordomo v1.93 Installation Problems
From: Gregg Graubins <gregg @ wwti . iway . net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 03:56:24 -0600 (CST)
To: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

Howdy fellow majordomo users,

   I got done installing majordomo 1.93 on my system and am having a
problem... I've reread the docs several times to make sure I did
everything correctly, and still can't find out the problem... I'm running
perl 4.0 Patch level 36. (Revision 1.2). I've correctly installed the
appropriate majordomo aliases in my aliases file:

# MajorDomo aliases ....
majordomo:       "| /usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo"
majordom:        majordomo-owner
owner-majordomo: majordomo-owner
majordomo-owner: gregg

The majordomo.cf is all properly set up, and all... When I try sending a
verbose messages via sendmail through majordomo, I get the following:

echo help | /usr/sbin/sendmail -v majordomo
majordomo... aliased to "| /usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo"
"| /usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo"... Connecting to prog...
Memory fault
"| /usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo"... unknown mailer error 139
majordomo-owner... aliased to gregg
gregg... Connecting to local...
gregg... Sent

The majordomo message is *still* processed it looks like (I got a message
back from Majordomo@wwti.iway.net about my 'help' request), but (1) while
it is processing the mail message it takes about 10 seconds (maybe a
little shorter) and (2) causes the above memory fault and writes me a
message. I also checked all permissions on files.... Has anyone else out
there had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

---
Gregg Graubins <gregg@wwti.iway.net>
Whitewater Technologies, Inc.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Approve Script - FEATURE SUGGESTED