Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 1996)

Subject: Re: Another beginner question - archive problems
From: Jim Lentini <lentinij @ dataadmin . irm . r9 . fws . gov>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 15:46:17 -0700 (MST)
To: Chris Adams <chris @ sparkie . osl . state . or . us>
Cc: "J.V. Lentini" <lentinij @ dataadmin . irm . r9 . fws . gov>, Ronald Hahm <rh10023 @ cedarnet . org>, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Right on thanks for the explicitness. This got me out of the hot water.

Also in the process of fixing things I discovered an odd problem : In my
alias for listname-archive I have this line :

lisname-archive: "|/usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper archive -a -m
        -f /usr/local/majordomo/lists/listname.archive/listname"

The funny thing was I kept getting a file not found error for archive. I
was assuming this referred to a directory path but this was not the case.
My archive2.pl file which I renamed archived was located in
/usr/local/majordomo/bin . So I assumed that since it followed the
wrapper it would be seen too. It turns out that it needed to be in the
home directory and then all was fine.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

	##	James V. Lentini	##
	##	Systems Analyst		##