Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 1996)

Subject: file ownership
From: fedderd @ GVSU . EDU (DICK FEDDER)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 96 20:16:46 EST
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

     Version 1.93

     I've noticed that whenever files (ex. <listname>.config, archive
     files, etc) are accessed via the wrapper their ownership changes to
     root and their group to 1.  If I change them back, they just get
     changed again next time around.  Is this normal?  Or did I compile the
     wrapper improperly?  It's not a major problem since I'm logging in as
     superuser, but it would be a problem if I needed to modify these files
     as someone other that superuser.

     Comments?

     Thanks,
     Dick

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: first time installation