Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1996)

Subject: Re: subscribesN Quick Rant, ignore if you wish
From: Chris Woods <cjwoods @ Paladin . COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 08:02:23 -0500 (EST)
To: Dennis Black <dennis . black @ UAlberta . CA>
Cc: majordomo-users <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

<rant mode>

AAARRGH! Sorry, have to spout off a little here: I really, really wish
people would use some sort of character (at least indentation!) at the
beginning of each line of quoted material when quoting another message. I
think it might be Microsoft Exchange which precludes this from happening,
I used that for a while...

Below, it is difficult to tell where Sean's message ends and Dennis'
message begins. I am seeing this more and more often as time goes on.
<sigh>

</rant mode>

On 30 Jan 1996, Dennis Black wrote:

>         Reply to:   RE>subscribes
>

> Anyone kow how to suppress the messages to list-owner-approve when people
> successfully subscribe to one of my mailing lists ? I have about 2000 people
> appending to my lists at present which results in
> 2000 notes telling me that someone has subscribed but I need take no action
> !!
> Sean Davies
>
> Sean, you should have an alias of "nobody: /dev/null" in your /etc/aliases
> file. Send the list-approvals to that bit bucket.

  Chris Woods				Systems Administrator
  cjwoods@paladin.com			Paladin Computing Solutions
  617-273-4226				http://www.paladin.com
"Never underestimate the destructive power of a backhoe." -Brent Chapman

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: dazed and confused, but trying to continue...