Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1996)

Subject: Re: Returned mail: aliasing/forwarding loop broken
From: Chris Woods <cjwoods @ Paladin . COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 21:45:59 -0500 (EST)
To: Jason Vagner <jason @ capecod . net>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Jason Vagner wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've been running a majordomo site on SGI equipment for over a year now
> without any problems, and today I tried setting up a site (yes, from
> scratch) on a Linux box. Unfortunately, I have run into the following

[...]

> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > 550 :include:"/home/majordom/mail/lists/testing"... Cannot open /home/majordom/mail/lists/testing: Permission denied
> > Message delivered to mailing list <testing@www.capecod.net>
> > 554 <testing@www.capecod.net>... aliasing/forwarding loop broken

[...]

Check permissions on the directories. In your case, /home/majordom needs
to be recursively owned by user majordom with 755 permissions on all
directories and executable scripts, and 644 on all non-executable files.

  Chris Woods                           Systems Administrator
  cjwoods@paladin.com                   Paladin Computing Solutions
  617-273-4226                          http://www.paladin.com
"Never underestimate the destructive power of a backhoe." -Brent Chapman