Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1996)

Subject: Re: Help; I have similar problem
From: Goncalo Nuno Freira Valverde <grumbler @ esoterica . pt>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:04:35 +0100 (GMT+0100)
To: Keith Reding <kreding @ custom-web . com>
Cc: "Thaxton, Dennis" <thaxton @ mediacen . navy . mil>, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Greetingz!

On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Keith Reding wrote:
> majordomo.   When looking at the processes running when I executed the
> program, I noticed that the perl scripts were being executed by the user
> 'bin'.  Now when I set the owner to bin for the files (I left 'root' as
> the owner of "wrapper"), it works.  The same is true if I add bin to the
> majordom group and make the group writable.

 i had the same problem (only that the mail was only sent when i killed
the process.. and then it would rerun again since the mail was in the
mailqueue.. not funny :-()
 Anyway i spent some time looking at the Makefile, and find out that the
GID and the UID values where there.. so ive chaged the UID and GID of
majordom, run make again and make install-wrapper and everything worked :-)
 Now i just need to figure out out to archive the posts to the mailing
lists (ugh.. :-( )
 Hope this helps..

--
Disclaimer: all the views above may or may not represent any point of view
            from any point of the world.. so there...