Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: IRIX is POSIX?
From: jason @ 3ws . com (Jason Burns)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 09:52:10 -0700
To: Pedro Alejandro Lopez Valencia <palopez @ colciencias . gov . co>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I recompiled MD with the POSIX settings and got the following compiling error:

MD still runs from the command line but not when I mail my commands. I have
double checked the aliases they appear to be correct. Does anyone have an idea
why it could work from the command line but not when mailed?

owner-owner: jason
majordomo: "|/disk2/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
majordom: jason
majordomo-owner: jason
owner-majordomo: jason

Thanks all

> > Killed
> > 554 "|/disk2/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"... unknown mailer error 137
> >
> > majordomo is a "trusted" user as far as Sendmail is concerned. Why would
> > majordomo work from the command line but not when mailed,
> > The aliases are set up correctly:
> >
> > majordomo: "|/disk2/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
> > majordom: jason
> Besides, did you compile wrapper with the right euid and egid? As Irix is
> POSIX, you should create a majordom user and group, and install wrapper as
> root AND suid (mode 4755), such instructions are in the Makefile. An
> "unkown mailer error 357 is caused by bad ownership permissions in the
> majordomo durectories and files combined with a wrong configuration of
> wrapper. Trust me.

Jason Burns	         E-mail:
Webmaster	         3rd Wave Solutions

  • Re: your mail