Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: IRIX is POSIX?
From: "P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia" <palopez @ colciencias . gov . co>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 17:52:56 -0500
To: jason @ 3ws . com (Jason Burns)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 09:52 AM 6/5/96 -0700, Jason Burns wrote:

Have you created the UID and GID for user and group majordom? in my Makefile
I setup wrapper to have

W_UID = 60
W_GID = 60
W_CHOWN=root
W_CHMOD=4755
I had already created (using admintool in Solaris 2.5, outside our NIS+
domain) a user majordom with UID 60 and a group majordom with GID 60. I
placed all majordomo files there and chowned to user and group majordom. In
IRIX you may need to use some compatibility libraries, but I am throwing
this off hand.

And yes, IRIX is POSIX, check the include files :) Even if you include a
trusted user majordom in sendmail.cf, a POSIX system will not allow it to
run unsecure processes unless they are owned by root. Learnt it the hard way ;)

--
P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia | Tropical Ecologist, Conservation Biologist
Asesor                      | Main:  palopez@ecology.umsl.edu

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majordomo and Linux...