Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1996)

Subject: using the Approved: header
From: Bill Heiser <bheiser @ individual . com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 14:49:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Cc: bheiser @ individual . com

Hi -

I've run into a problem trying to use the Approved: header to submit
postings to a moderated list.  This is with Majordomo 1.93 on a
system running Sendmail 8.7.3.

When I post a message with "Approved: password" as the first line
of the text, the message gets posted successfully, but the message
header gets munged.  The Subject: line gets lost completely, and
the "Precedence:" and "Reply-To:" headers get tacked on to the
end of my message TEXT!

Has anyone seen this and is there a work-around?

Thanks in advance.
Bill

--
Bill Heiser             Individual, Inc., Network Services
mailto:bill@bh.org      mailto:bheiser@individual.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Q: Preventing Wrapped Lines