Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1996)

Subject: makefile settings
From: Jose Antonio Rodriguez <josear @ ac . upc . es>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 09:05:52 +0100 (UNK)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

> From: Lisa Kiczuk <lkiczuk@aura.title14.com>
>
> 	Just a quick question that I forgot to ask in my previous post..
>
> 	I was just looking at the makefile (we are POSIX compliant) and
> the settings for uid and gid are:
>
> W_UID = 54
> W_GID = 54
>
> 	Could this be my problem? Should the uid and gid here match the
> ones we have for the majordom user? They don't match right now and we are

	Yep! They should match, although that depends on how you did setup
	permissions.

	For example, the file ~majordom/lists/foo_list is:

        -rw-rw-r--   1 majordom majordom      44 May 22 18:57 foo_list

	As the majordomo program executes as "majordom", it can write
	to the foo_list to add an subscription address.

	If I set W_UID and W_GID to something different (User: bin, Group: bin,
	for example) majordomo wouldn't be able to add an address to
	the list foo_list (Bad permissions).

	Jose
Jose A. Rodriguez		OOO  Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC)
josear@ac.upc.es		OOO  Departament d'Arquitectura de Computadors
http://www.ac.upc.es/~josear	OOO                 -*- LCAC -*-
Tel: 401 59 53                  UPC

Indexed By Date Previous: Failed Mail