Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1996)

From: Christopher Adams <chris @ sparkie . osl . state . or . us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:43:16 -0700
To: "Brandie Tarvin" <BRANDIE @ CCS . UNOMAHA . EDU>

I think that the first part of this question was addressed accurately, but
in the second case the "welcome" message is not necessarily the description
of the lists. I think that what Brandie is referring to is the message that
by default is added to your  sample-list.info message. I believe that this
is programmed into majordomo and I asked about this before. The problem that
I saw is that the default message says something like "if you would like to
unsubscribe from this list, send the command unsubscribe Christopher Adams",
which is not correct. I don't know how to get in and change this. Do I have
to change it in the majordomo.cfg file and then recompile?

Christopher Adams

At 07:52 AM 6/25/96 -0500, Brandie Tarvin wrote:
>    Hello, sorry to bother everyone, but I'm rather new to Majordomo
>and need some help.
>
>    I run a mailing list that is set up from someone else's server
>and everytime I have a question, they refer me to a web site which
>has tons of documents <and they never tell me the document name
>to look for>. Basically, I find I have to sift through 5 to
>6 documents everytime I have just one question. This time, I've been
>sifting for 3 days and haven't found the answer to the following
>question:
>
>    How do you set up the "info" portion of your list that gets sent
>to all new subscribers? I currently have none set up on my list and
>can't figure out how to add it to the config file <if I should be
>doing that> or how to have it included in the "Welcome to this list"
>message.
>
>    I appreciate any assistance on this matter, even if you could
>tell me a site name *with* a document name to refer to on this, it
>would be helpful. Thanks.
>
>Brandie T.
>brandie@ccs.unomaha.edu
>66 Prydonian Ave           (Time/Space Coordinates Optional)
>c/o Dr. J. Smith        // "I wanted to tell the truth, but my nose
>Panoptican, Gallifrey   //  wouldn't let me!" Pinocchio:The Disclaimer
>How do you write? You sit down and do it. How do you live? Don't die.

Indexed By Date Previous: majordomo-owner error message