Hi everybody -
I just finished getting sendmail virtual domains working on one of my
hosts (using the -DNEWDB compile flag, and the new db library). All is
well with email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org going to seperate
All is not well, however, with my aliases file. When I put in the
aliases for majordomo and for my lists that require piping to a perl
script I get an error upon mailing:
550 email@example.com... Cannot mail directly to programs
>From the error, I think that makemap translated the alias correctly,
(realizes that majordomo is really an alias for a program), but now
SOMETHING ELSE has changed.
And I'm no sendmail wiz...
I've tried using both btree and hash formats in my aliases.db file,
tried it with and without the surrounding quote-marks, even tried piping
to other scripts that I wrote just to test this.
I'll break my lists if I install this on my hub, and I'm under pressure
to get sendmail virtual domains working correctly (so I don't have to
have webmaster, webmeister, and webmeester... <G>)
Please, someone send me a CLUE.
Thanks to all in advance,