Subject: Re: Help with creating list
From: Web Master <huntsman @ www . nisu . flinders . edu . au>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 15:54:20 +0930
To: petersoe @ cs . ucdavis . edu
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 petersoe@cs.ucdavis.edu wrote:

> I have installed majordomo1.93 with perl and Solaris .  But now what?
> How do I create a listt to begin with.  It seems like the documentation
> talks a lot aabout controlling majordomo lists onecce the list has been established
> , but how do I start it up in the first place?  ugh....I got no errors compiling
> Any advise or places I might look?  What is the format of the .cf file?...

There is a file, README, in the root of your majordomo source directory;
look at section 2, Using Majordomo and particularly Section 2.1, Creating
a List.

In the same directory, you should find a file sample.cf, which gives you
the format of the .cf file.  There's also a sample.aliases file for when
you get to that step <g>.

David Robley

WEBMASTER                          | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/
NATIONAL INJURY SURVEILLANCE UNIT  | Phone +61 8 374 0970
ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA          | Fax   +61 8 201 0702