Subject: Re: sendmail
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 17 Jul 1996 22:39:53 -0500
To: "Louis J. Cyon" <kahtulah @ macromedia . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

LJC> Does anybody know if md spawns its own root owned sendmail process?

Majordomo calls the mailer it's configured to call using exec to do any
kind of delivery.  These will be owned by your majordomo user, but sendmail
is often installed suid so that may appear differently.

The processes that sendmail spawns to run the queue will be owned by
whoever owns the master sendmail process, usually root, though that may be
different on various systems.

LJC> I'm noticing some weirdness with sendmail after I moved md off of a
LJC> dedicated machine and on to my mail server.

Perhaps you could be more specific?
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center