Subject: Re: Sound like PRIORITY
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 18 Jul 1996 14:33:02 -0500
To: BOYER Celia <Celia . Boyer @ hon . ch>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

BC> But when a user send a mail to the list the mail is straight away in
BC> the queue (sendmail v8) and the list receives the mail ONE hour later.
BC> I just do not know what is wrong, why in the first list mails circulate
BC> without any delay and the second list I have a delay of 1 hour.

I can't say what might be different between the two lists, but sendmail can
go into a queue-only mode under some circumstances (load average, etc.).
In that case, the message will sit in the queue until the next queue run.
So: if you can see the queue (usually with the mailq command) what happens
to the job as it gets processed?  How often is sendmail configured to run
the queue?
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center