Subject: Re: Sound like PRIORITY
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 18 Jul 1996 14:33:02 -0500
To: BOYER Celia <Celia . Boyer @ hon . ch>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

BC> But when a user send a mail to the list the mail is straight away in
BC> the queue (sendmail v8) and the list receives the mail ONE hour later.
BC> I just do not know what is wrong, why in the first list mails circulate
BC> without any delay and the second list I have a delay of 1 hour.

I can't say what might be different between the two lists, but sendmail can
go into a queue-only mode under some circumstances (load average, etc.).
In that case, the message will sit in the queue until the next queue run.
So: if you can see the queue (usually with the mailq command) what happens
to the job as it gets processed?  How often is sendmail configured to run
the queue?
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center
                1994 PC800 "Kuroneko"      DoD# 1723

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: bulk mailer question