Subject: Basic problems majordomo v1.93
From: "Michael S. James" <mjames @ xicom . com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 08:21:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hi,

I have just installed majordomo v1.93 (1st time setting up a listserver)
and all was going well until I subscribed to my test list.  I got the
'help' & 'list' commands to work initially, so somethings right(?).

Here are the problems.

1.  I could not subscribe to my test list w/o specifying the optional
e-mail address (i.e. subscribe test mjames@xicom.com).  W/o the address,
I get back from majordomo,

and that's all.  When I sent 'subscribe test mjames@xicom.com', majordomo
told me that I will have to be approved first.  I did not knowingly set
the test list to be moderated.  The test.config file has 'no' for moderated.

2.  Have several machines on my network and could not subscribing form
them. Basically, majordomo returns that same type of thing back to me as
above.  What ever I send, majordomo returns back w/o indicating whether
the command succeded or not, sort of like

3.  This last problem is coupled with the second problem.  All messages
that I send that I send to majordomo that don't get acknowledged as
succeeded or not, the return messages stay in /var/spool/mqueue and get
resent ever 10 minutes or so.  I noticed that I kept getting all these
messages telling me the samething.  That's what tipped me off that I
wasn't really subscribed, so sent a 'who test' command and majordomo told
me that noone was subscribed.  But the who command worked after I sent my
address in the subcription command.

I hope this makes sense and wonder if anyone has insight to my
configuration errors.

Thanks,

Mike

| Mike James                   XICOM NetWorks, Inc.                           |
| mjames@xicom.com             Newark DE's Premier Christian Internet Gateway |
| http://www.xicom.com/        302-369-8842 (voice) 302-369-8846 (fax)        |

Indexed By Date Previous: Help on hiding lists