Subject: Re: Adding individual names to the WHO list
From: "Gerry Freymann" <freymann @ eagle . ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 13:04:10 -0500
To: Paul Greene <pgreene @ phoenix . net>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <freymann@eagle.ca>

> I would like each person's personal name to appear in the WHO lists, not
> just their e-mail addresses. What is the format to use to get full names to
> show up alongside the e-mail addresses ?
>
> This is the command I currently use to subscribe new people
>
> APPROVE password subscribe list-name e-mail_address

 I believe you'd add the Full name of the user after the
e-mail_address... I suppose you could put in round brackets.

 You'll also probably need to edit your  listname.config file and
look at this section:

       # strip              [bool] (yes) <majordomo>
        # When adding address to the list, strip off all comments etc,
        and put # just the raw address in the list file.  In addition
        to the keyword, # if the file <listname>.strip exists, it is
        the same as specifying a # yes value. That yes value is
        overridden by the value of this # keyword.
strip             =   no

 Set strip to no. See what happens.
Gerry Freymann, Northumbria Eagle!
freymann@eagle.ca or support@eagle.ca

Indexed By Date Previous: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 5